Are You Ready for the Challenge?
Click here to check what vacancies there are at this moment
In order to assist our beneficiaries as efficiently as possible, the majority of WFP’s International Professional positions are located in developing countries. From Azerbaijan to Zambia, the frontline stretches from sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East to Latin America and Asia & the Pacific.
Because of the nature of WFP’s global mission, if you join our organisation, you are expected to be ‘mobile’. Based on the needs of the Programme, you will be transferred to positions in different countries and sometimes work in a non family duty station.
For more information on our duty stations, please visit the "Countries" section on this website.
How Do We Recruit?
Due to the corporate mobility requirement, WFP does its best to first fill International Professional vacancies internally, which also helps to support staff in developing their managerial, technical and personal capacities.
If no suitable internal candidate is identified, WFP initiates a recruitment and selection process to fill the vacancies externally. Relevant vacancy announcements are advertised through our website and other appropriate channels to attract the right candidates.
Who Are We Looking For?
Different functional profiles and vacancies have their specific requirements. Generally speaking, qualified candidates will need to have the following minimum qualifications:
• a university degree in the relevant field;
• 1-3 years of postgraduate international working experience in the relevant functional area;
• proficiency in one of the United Nations official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish) and intermediate knowledge of another official language or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply?
Please follow the instructions below to find out and apply to our available profiles or vacancies.
- Step 1: create your Online CV. In this step you will create your username and password, both required to apply to any profile or vacancy.
- Step 2: apply to the vacancy announcement for which you qualify. Eligibility criteria are specified in each vacancy announcement.
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact email@example.com.
You may wish to stay up-to-date with our latest recruitment needs by subscribing to a relevant RSS feed.
Be sure to join our online community to receive the latest news on our fight against hunger.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.