Overall, WFP’s Gender Policy 2003-2007 surpassed those of many comparable organizations. Going forward, the evaluation team submitted five sets of recommendations:
1. take immediate steps to communicate WFP’s commitments to women and gender equality;
2. build gender mainstreaming capacities by extending and deepening training and expert guidance;
3. re-orient the roles and headquarters, country offices and regional bureaus;
4. make more funding available at the country level; and
5. complement the gender balance use of targets with building capacities and commitments among hiring managers and identify systems issues.