One year after earthquake: Haiti's children 'continue to suffer'

Published on 07 January 2011

One year after the earthquake that destroyed Port-au-Prince, some 4 million Haitian children's basic needs for safe drinking water, healthcare and education services remain unmet, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said Friday. (..) The World Food Programme, the world's largest provider of emergency food assistance, said one year after the earthquake that it has moved beyond the emergency stage to a longer-term food security strategy. WFP said it had been able to provide food to 4 million Haitians within the first six weeks after the earthquake.

Related Links

Monsters and Critics