15 May 2013
A delegation from PepsiCo Quaker in the Netherlands recently travelled to Benin to visit WFP’s school feeding programme, which the company is supporting. The visit demonstrated the impact that PepsiCo Quaker’s contributions have had on primary schools in Benin.
15 September 2011
In early September, WFP nutrition focal points and their government counterparts from 18 countries across West Africa gathered in Dakar for a four-day workshop.
27 July 2011
Pandemics and large-scale disasters pose specific challenges to humanitarian emergency operations, especially in urban areas. Through a recent one-week pandemic simulation, WFP aimed to prepare countries in West Africa to face these challenges so that they can better assist vulnerable populations.
9 December 2010
From September to November 2010, Benin experienced some of the worst flooding it has seen in a century. WFP has been working since then to provide food assistance to those most affected by the floods and to help these populations resume their livelihood.
27 July 2007
WFP has thanked Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) for a generous €11.5 million contribution to development projects across the globe ranging from free school meals to nutritional support for people living with HIV and AIDS.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
1 December 2005
The collapse of a bridge in northern Benin created a massive bottleneck in one of WFP's key supply lines for getting food aid into Niger, and presented a serious logistical challenge. But with a partnership-based approach and pure hard work, the problem was soon solved, as WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports.
- WFP Seeks McGovern-Dole grant to help flood-ravaged Benin Source: American Chronicle
- WFP to feed another 360,000 people in flood-hit Benin Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Emergency Aid Focuses on Meeting Basic Needs of Flood Victims in Benin Source: VOA News (USA)
- WFP needs to urgently feed 50,000 of Benin flood victims Source: AFP
- Benin suffers worst floods since 1963 Source: The Guardian
- 26 February 2013 Benin: WFP provides emergency assistance to flood victims
- 4 October 2012 Return to school and WFP meals for students