30 November 2006
Fear and violence hold the people of the fertile Central African Republic hostage to hunger. Marcus Prior travels down a road of charred remains and looks at the great irony: how hunger and plenty can exist side by side.
10 May 2006
Deputy Foreign Minister Evripidis Stylianidis has announced a new donation of €1.2 million and signed an agreement with WFP reinforcing Greece’s increasing commitment to meet humanitarian needs around the globe.
27 March 2006
Tens of thousands of people from the Central African Republic have sought refuge in neighbouring Chad over the past three years following violence and insecurity in their homeland. Marcus Prior tells us more about the waves of refugees who cross the border.
20 March 2006
Josephine Bongoa was banished from her home when her family discovered she had HIV. She and her daughter try to keep strong as they face the disease alone with anti-retroviral medication and WFP food aid distributed by the Complèxe Pédiatrique hospital in the Central African Republic.
- Central African Republic in danger of becoming a failed state, warns UN Source: The Guardian
- UN calls for action in Africa’s forgotten crisis Source: Euronews
- Central African Republic in crisis, urgently needs aid –MSF Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- CAR Facing Food Crisis Source: VOA News
- UN says CAR conflict situation is 'desperate' Source: Al Jazeera
- 8 November 2013 Conflict In Central African Republic (For The Media)
- 8 November 2013 Population Flees Conflict in Central African Republic
- 29 October 2013 WFP Distributes Food To Farmers In Central African Republic