Amani in front of her informal primary school of Galala Albahria school in the remote Tamia district of Fayoum. Copyright: WFP/Photo Library
School Meals In Egypt: Big Dreams In Small Villages
While most of their elder sisters got married between the ages of 16 and 18, Aya and Amani say they do not want to get married early and want to pursue their education and become doctors. The two girls, aged 9 and 10, joined a school close to their home where WFP implements its school meals programme in cooperation with the government and civil society.
- 2 August 2012 School Meals in Egypt, a Step towards Development
- 26 July 2012 Sami Yusuf Ramadan video
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan
- 19 May 2011 A Dollar A Day-Egypt
- 1 April 2011 Hungry Planet: Episode 3
- 21 July 2010 The Life of Egypt: Journey of the Baladi Bread
- 29 March 2010 This is no ordinary bread!
- 4 March 2010 Food in the desert