13 March 2006
22 February 2006
As the drought affecting the Horn of Africa intensifies,WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Ireland of 2.5 million euros, nearly US$3 million, for WFP’s operations in the drought-hit Horn of Africa, where 6.25 million people are running out of food because of the failure of the last rains.
1 February 2006
An online charity auction of athletics memorabilia staged by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) raises over US$30,000 for WFP, the UN Children's Fund UNICEF and the Food and Agriculture Organization.
13 September 2005
5 September 2005
12 April 2005
Addis Ababa, 12 April 2005 - The future of three million Ethiopians in need of food aid is in jeopardy, with malnutrition rates on the rise and funding for humanitarian operations in Ethiopia drying up, WFP has warned.
- Lesson From A Famine: Markets Matter Source: Huffington Post
- Ethiopian farming co-ops begin record food delivery to UN for national relief efforts Source: UN News Centre
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- Ethiopia: Safe water - a glass half full Source: IRIN
- Audio slideshow: A tale of two Ethiopian women fighting hunger Source: BBC News
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures