2 February 2009
29 July 2008
WFP is expanding operations in West Africa to feed an additional 1.4 million people hard hit by high food prices in Guinea, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 February 2007
WFP has condemned the looting of three food warehouses in Guinea over the weekend – resulting in the loss of nearly 450 metric tons of food aid destined for school children and the poorest communities.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
20 November 2004
Freetown- WFP has called on the international community to bolster support for some one million people in West Africa who are struggling to overcome the devastating effects of war.
- Japan gives Guinea US$5.8 million for health Source: Afrique En Ligne
- GUINEA: Climbing out of the donor funding gap Source: IRIN
- UN to Shutdown Critical Air Service to West Africa Source: VOA News (USA)
- Guinea’s humanitarian flights may be grounded Source: Afrol News
- Guinea: Child malnutrition - moving beyond stop-gaps Source: IRIN
- 29 June 2011 WFP in Guinea