29 August 2011
As Haitians brace for the hurricane season, the UN World Food Programme (WFP) has prepositioned life-saving supplies in 35 vulnerable locations to provide food assistance to 500,000 people for over a month. WFP is working in close collaboration with the Haitian Government and its partners in the country’s 10 departments to be ready to begin emergency food distributions immediately after the passage of a storm.
5 August 2011
A new project in a region that Haitians call the Far West is helping small farmers produce more food.
27 July 2011
In Carrefour, a busy suburban town located just West of Port-au-Prince, a women’s association is getting neighborhoods ready for rebuilding.
13 July 2011
The World Food Programme is supporting the Haitian Government's efforts to prevent and combat malnutrition.
6 July 2011
A blaze in a crowded Port-au-Prince camp leaves earthquake survivors struggling to get back on their feet.
28 June 2011
African pop duo Amadou and Mariam, who launched their new single Labendela in Rome on Monday, say their new role as Ambassadors Against Hunger for the EU allows them to be “flag-bearers” for the fight against hunger and poverty in countries such as their native Mali.
27 June 2011
23 June 2011
The Malian pop-duo and world music stars, Amadou & Mariam, are the latest celebrity voices to join the fight against global hunger as the new WFP Ambassadors Against Hunger for the European Union. To raise hunger awareness among Europeans, Amadou & Mariam have dedicated a song to the global hunger challenge.
13 April 2011
Amadou and Mariam, the acclaimed Malian pop duo, are WFP’s newest Ambassadors Against Hunger, and the first devoted to raising hunger awareness in the EU. The announcement followed the two singers’ return from Haiti, where they met with families still suffering from the devastation of the January 2010 earthquake.
13 March 2011
In Léogâne, a project helps the city repair its roads by recycling rubble from the earthquake.
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- 26 May 2014 Haiti: Partnering for Progress
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds