28 April 2014
In order to maximize the efficiency of the National School Feeding Programme, 1.3 million children will receive deworming treatments in Honduras. The Deworming initiatives are in line with WFP objectives to ensure proper health and hygiene to school children nationally.
14 April 2014
The purpose is to implement joint strategies to support smallholder and medium farmers of staple grains through WFP’s Purchasing for Progress (P4P) initiative and FAO’s Central American Agri-Food Chain Project.
8 April 2014
Atención a Grupos Vulnerables (Attention to vulnerable groups) is a program that is implemented in coordination with the Secretary of Health and serves children 5 and under, who are malnourished, expectant mothers and breastfeeding mothers.
7 April 2014
PIMIENTA - Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández was present for the launching of WFP’s School Feeding Programme last Thursday in Pimienta, Cortes. It is estimated that more than one million four hundred thousand children regionally will benefit from the programme this year.
7 April 2014
Alzira Ferreria, WFP Deputy Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, travelled to Honduras to oversee various programmes that are being implemented by WFP in the region. During her stay Ferreria met with beneficiaries and WFP country office personal.
4 April 2014
With the support of Latin American consumer goods company Groupo Jarmear, 39,695 beneficiaries participating in the Vulnerable Groups Project (Proyecto de Atención a Grupos Vulnerables in Spanish) in the departments of Choluteca, Sur de Francisco Morazán, Sur del Paraíso, La Paz and Valle, received Clover Brand oil.
5 March 2014
Preparing the school feeding is an activity that is done every day in more than 20 thousand schools in Honduras, being a very important work because it ensures the attendance and improves concentration of children attending the public schools.
14 February 2014
“Education is very important. I want all of the children in Honduras to have access to a good education. No matter where they live, nor whether or not their parents have money”, expressed President of Honduras, Juan Orlando Hernández.
7 February 2014
TEGUCIGALPA. –Grupo Comidas Especializadas, through its brands Pizza Hut, KFC and Denny’s and their customers’ support—donated US$260,000 to the World Food Programme as part of the global campaign From Hunger to Hope.
5 February 2014
PANAMA CITY –The World Food Programme (WFP) has appointed Miguel Barreto, a Peruvian national, as its new Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean. His duty will be to oversee WFP operations across the region.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 13 June 2014 Hunger Challenge Honduras: “Zero Hunger Walk 2014”
- 11 September 2013 Honduras: WFP Assists Poor Farmers Affected By Coffee Rust