10 July 2014
The First Lady of Honduras, Ana de Hernández, World Food Programme Representative to Honduras, Pasqualina Di Sirio, BANPAIS* representative, Nidia Manzanares, and Minister of Education, Marlon Escoto, revealed the winners of the Reto Hambre Cero: un mundo sin hambre (Zero Hunger Challenge: A World Without Hunger) drawing contest in Honduras.
9 July 2014
Last week Honduran First Lady, Ana de Hernández, met with The World Food Programme (WFP) Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, Miguel Barreto, and WFP Representative to Honduras, Pasqualina Di Sirio. The aim of the meeting was to strengthen the long-standing relationship that WFP has had with the Government of Honduras for over 40 years.
12 June 2014
More than 60.000 people participated in the Zero Hunger Walk held in Tegucigalpa. After a beautiful speech which conveyed her commitment to the most vulnerable families of Honduras, Ana de Hernandez, the First Lady of Honduras, cut the ribbon that marked the beginning of the 10th Annual Zero Hunger Walk in Honduras. The Zero Hunger Walk reaffirms Honduras’ commitment to the Zero Hunger Challenge, an initiative launched by Ban Ki Moon, the United Nations Secretary General.
26 May 2014
ZERO HUNGER CHALLENGE… EVERY STEP COUNTS
First Lady of Honduras Ana Hernandez, Vice-President of Honduras Rossana Guevara, the World Food Programme Representative to Honduras Pasqualina Di Sirio, and the Programme Manager of Food Security from FAO German Flores, launched the Zero Hunger Walk 2014. The efforts are an initiative under the United Nations’ “Zero Hunger Challenge: a World without Hunger”.
28 April 2014
In order to maximize the efficiency of the National School Feeding Programme, 1.3 million children will receive deworming treatments in Honduras. The Deworming initiatives are in line with WFP objectives to ensure proper health and hygiene to school children nationally.
14 April 2014
The purpose is to implement joint strategies to support smallholder and medium farmers of staple grains through WFP’s Purchasing for Progress (P4P) initiative and FAO’s Central American Agri-Food Chain Project.
9 April 2014
Atención a Grupos Vulnerables (Attention to vulnerable groups) is a program that is implemented in coordination with the Secretary of Health and serves children 5 and under, who are malnourished, expectant mothers and breastfeeding mothers.
7 April 2014
PIMIENTA - Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández was present for the launching of WFP’s School Feeding Programme last Thursday in Pimienta, Cortes. It is estimated that more than one million four hundred thousand children regionally will benefit from the programme this year.
7 April 2014
Alzira Ferreria, WFP Deputy Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, travelled to Honduras to oversee various programmes that are being implemented by WFP in the region. During her stay Ferreria met with beneficiaries and WFP country office personal.
4 April 2014
With the support of Latin American consumer goods company Groupo Jarmear, 39,695 beneficiaries participating in the Vulnerable Groups Project (Proyecto de Atención a Grupos Vulnerables in Spanish) in the departments of Choluteca, Sur de Francisco Morazán, Sur del Paraíso, La Paz and Valle, received Clover Brand oil.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Market Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists