7 April 2014
Alzira Ferreria, WFP Deputy Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, travelled to Honduras to oversee various programmes that are being implemented by WFP in the region. During her stay Ferreria met with beneficiaries and WFP country office personal.
4 April 2014
With the support of Latin American consumer goods company Groupo Jarmear, 39,695 beneficiaries participating in the Vulnerable Groups Project (Proyecto de Atención a Grupos Vulnerables in Spanish) in the departments of Choluteca, Sur de Francisco Morazán, Sur del Paraíso, La Paz and Valle, received Clover Brand oil.
5 March 2014
Preparing the school feeding is an activity that is done every day in more than 20 thousand schools in Honduras, being a very important work because it ensures the attendance and improves concentration of children attending the public schools.
14 February 2014
“Education is very important. I want all of the children in Honduras to have access to a good education. No matter where they live, nor whether or not their parents have money”, expressed President of Honduras, Juan Orlando Hernández.
7 February 2014
TEGUCIGALPA. –Grupo Comidas Especializadas, through its brands Pizza Hut, KFC and Denny’s and their customers’ support—donated US$260,000 to the World Food Programme as part of the global campaign From Hunger to Hope.
5 February 2014
PANAMA CITY –The World Food Programme (WFP) has appointed Miguel Barreto, a Peruvian national, as its new Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean. His duty will be to oversee WFP operations across the region.
3 February 2014
Located within the department of Choluteca in the southern region of Honduras is “Programa Atencion a Grupos Vulnerables” (Attention to Vulnerable groups program) which works with children 6 months to 5 years, pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers to ensure proper nutrition in the first 1000 days of life.
19 November 2013
The WFP Representative, Pasqualina DiSirio, the Economic Adviser of the United States of America Embassy, Mike Taylor, the President of TechnoServe, Lord Tim McLellan, and the TechnoServe Director for Honduras, Ricardo Gonzalez, signed a cooperation agreement of between World Food Programme (WFP) and TechnoServe.
17 October 2013
ROME/TEGUCIGALPA – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
16 October 2013
For the fifth consecutive year, Grupo Comidas (Yum! Brands Honduras) and WFP join to ensure the food and nutritional security of thousands of people in Honduras. The campaign is part of Yum! Brands global initiative World Hunger Relief.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Market Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists