7 November 2012
The cooperation agreement between WFP and IICA will help strengthen the organizational capacity and management of cooperatives in Honduras, which have more than 11,300 small holder farmers in their ranks, and participate in WFP’s Purchase for Progress initiative (P4P) in Honduras.
2 November 2012
The First Lady of Honduras, Rosa Elena de Lobo, was the honour witness during the signing ceremony of an agreement between World Food Programme (WFP) and the Sugar Industry Foundation ( FUNAZUCAR).
30 October 2012
The P4P project in Honduras supports some 11.500 small holder farmers, of which 2.613 are women. Meet Lucrecia Santos Galindo, a participant of this project in the department of Yoro, in northern Honduras.
3 October 2012
Some 8.6 million people, mostly poor subsistence farmers, live in the so-called Drought Corridor, an area shared by Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. This area is affected by prolonged droughts that cause harvesting losses and hunger.
26 September 2012
With the motto “Fighting Hunger Today We Feed The Future With Hope,” the Jaremar Group made an important donation valued at more than US$1 million to the World Food Programme in Honduras. This donation was officialized during the signing ceremony of an agreement between WFP and Jaremar Group.
16 August 2012
"Since we've been receiving this meal, the Kindergarten enrolment has increased year by year," said Mibel Brizio, teacher at the Estrellitas del Carmen School. "In the past, we had only 30 students, but now we have 78. There are no dropouts and children are more active."
14 August 2012
“Thank God for the food that we received in school. Without it we could not concentrate in class,” said fourth grader Natalie Martinez of the Republic of Peru School. With the Government's commitment to the School Feeding Programme, more than 1.5 million children will keep receiving a hot meal in school.
28 May 2012
Ricardo Alvarez, Mayor of Tegucigalpa the capital of Honduras, and the Municipal Corporation, gave the name Plaza WFP to a circle that begins one of the main avenues of the city, the Boulevard Morazán, in recognition for humanitarian work of the World Food Programme (WFP).
22 May 2012
More than six months after Tropical Storm 12E struck Central America, Honduras' population is still recovering from the aftermath of this weather phenomena. Residents of La Catarina, in the border with Nicaragua, are rebuilding their homes and their lives through WFP's food-for-work activities and with the support of Brazilian and Australian Aid.
5 March 2012
Students concerned about worldwide hunger met in Honduras last weekend for a summit organised by Universities Fighting World Hunger. At the forefront of the discussion was Honduras's own National School Feeding program, which reaches close to 1.5 million children per year. The programme constitutes the largest safety-net in the country.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 13 June 2014 Hunger Challenge Honduras: “Zero Hunger Walk 2014”
- 11 September 2013 Honduras: WFP Assists Poor Farmers Affected By Coffee Rust