22 June 2013
This mission arrived in the country on 17 June following a previous visit of the First Lady of Honduras, Rosa Elena de Lobo, to Brazil. Members of this Brazilian mission were Daniel Balaban, Director of the WFP Centre of Excellence against Hunger in Brazil, Albaxeide Peixoto, President of the School Feeding Fund in Brazil, and representatives of the Brazilian Cooperation Agency, FAO and the WFP Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean.
11 June 2013
After 13 years of consecutive work, the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Ficohsa Foundation for the Early Education of Children signed a new cooperation agreement to continue working and support of pre-school children in Honduras.
31 May 2013
With the presence of over 150 representatives from different Honduran associations, the President of Honduras Porfirio Lobo Sosa, and the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Jacobo Regalado presented a plaque of recognition to WFP Representative Miguel Barreto for his support to agriculture in Honduras.
27 May 2013
WFP Representative in Honduras Miguel Barreto, and the Director of Save The Children in Honduras Mariano Planells, signed a cooperation agreement to strengthen the Ministry of Health’s capacity to implement a plan for vulnerable groups, particularly during the critical period known as the "First 1,000 Days of Life."
10 May 2013
WFP Regional Director, Gemmo Lodesani, WFP Representative in Honduras, Miguel Barreto, European Union Representative, Peter Versteeg, and Agriculture Minister, James Reglado, inaugurated today a modern grain processing plant that will initially benefit 667 small producers from the department of Yoro, of which 29% are women from seven farmers’ organizations.
19 April 2013
The National Systems for Risk Management from Central American countries began a series of simulation exercises to respond to emergencies in order to help strengthen their coordination processes and joint operation of humanitarian assistance. These processes include the participation of governments and national and international humanitarian actors.
2 April 2013
Vice President of Honduras María Antonieta de Bogran, the President of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Howard G. Buffett, WFP Representative in Honduras Miguel Barreto and European Union delegate Laurant Sillano inaugurated a modern grain processing plant that will benefit farmers and producers in the departments of Comayagua and Intibucá.
19 March 2013
TEGUCIGALPA. – In conjunction with the formal delivery of a donation of more than 8.000 metric tons of rice to be used for school meals, the Ambassador of Brazil to Honduras Zenick Krawctschuk participated in a symbolic event, also attended by the Minister of Social Development Hilda Hernandez, the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Jacobo Regalado, and WFP Representative Miguel Barreto.
19 March 2013
The Presidential Appointee Marie Antoinette de Bográn, the Minister of Health Roxana Araujo, the Minister of Social Development Hilda Hernandez, the Ambassador of Chile Rodrigo Pérez Manrique and WFP Representative Miguel Barreto chaired today the launch of an event with national and international nutrition experts to strengthen the technical knowledge of nutrition in Honduras.
6 March 2013
During International Women's Day, the President of Honduras Porfirio Lobo Sosa, the First Lady Rosa Elena de Lobo, the head of UN Women Rosibel Gomez, WFP Representative Miguel Barreto, and the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Jacobo Regalado met at the Presidency to hand over financial certificates worth more than 1 million Lempiras (nearly US$50,000) to eight women producer associations.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities