30 November 2011
WFP and KONAMI Digital Entertainment have teamed up to create an online game with a real-world impact. Food Force puts players at the helm of the world’s largest humanitarian aid agency. It combines the multiplayer fun of other popular social media games with the ability to provide real meals to hungry children around the globe. Start playing Food Force!
5 May 2011
Until recently, Neri, an HIV+ mother of three, often had to choose between feeding her children and feeding herself. It was an impossible choice and she might have died if she hadn't started receiving food as part of her treatment. She's now healther, better able to care for her family and was able to celebrate Mother’s Day.
16 July 2010
Central American governments are doing a good job of strengthening their social safety nets, but need to sharpen their focus on child nutrition, a new study by WFP reported this month. Here is a breakdown of the study's findings and recommendations.
29 June 2010
This project is financially supported by the European Union and benefits 6,000 small holder farmers in Honduras.
27 April 2010
Gladys Montoya, a single mother supporting elderly parents, has a good reason to be optimistic. She’s expecting a bumper crop this year that will feed her family, turn a profit and help Honduras’ hungry. Thanks to the newly launched P4P projects, thousands of farmers like her are learning to beat the poverty trap.
1 June 2009
The arid land of southern Honduras is far from ideal for growing food. But in one province, a government reforestation project, supported by WFP, has enabled around 3,000 families to make a stable living out of cashew cultivation.
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
30 October 2008
WFP is providing emergency food to 55,000 people affected by unusually heavy rains in Honduras. The rains, which swept over Honduras for five consecutive days in mid October, left more than thirty people dead and forced more than 40,000 to seek shelter in temporary housing.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
23 November 2005
WFP has distributed 645 metric tons of food to victims of Tropical Storm Gamma in Honduras, and plans to provide 1,750 metric tons of food over the next three months. WFP's country director says the operation might be expanded to help subsistence farmers who have lost their livelihoods.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 13 June 2014 Hunger Challenge Honduras: “Zero Hunger Walk 2014”
- 11 September 2013 Honduras: WFP Assists Poor Farmers Affected By Coffee Rust