31 January 2007
Despite China’s rapid economic growth and India’s healthy democracy, you could say that there’s one area where Africa beats the Asian giants: in the famine stakes. Dr Stephen Devereux, editor of the book “The New Famines” (Routledge 2006) talks to WFP web writer Michelle Hough about why Africa is on the frontline of the chronic hunger battle.
23 January 2007
WFP has welcomed a US$1.3 million donation from India to WFP’s Iraq operation, which assists 3.8 million people, more than half of whom are children.
12 September 2006
A senior official of WFP has met with officials of the Government of India, lauding the increasing and important role that India plays in assuring food security for South Asia, and in particular Afghanistan.
6 April 2005
In an article first published in the Baseline magazine, John McCormick explains how WFP had technology on the ground within 48 hours to help rush food to the victims of Asia's tsunami.
31 January 2005
The following letter was published in full by the Financial Times, with an excerpt printed in The Economist on Feb 3.
- Why Government Must Keep Investing In Mid Day Meal Scheme Source: DailyO
- Government to Add Breakfast to MDM Scheme Source: The New Indian Express
- World Food Day 2014: 442 days remaining to achieve the Millennium Development Goals Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- 20 November 2014 India: WFP at Odisha State School Feeding Programme Exhibition
- 20 October 2014 WFP India: World Food Day 2014
- 15 October 2014 Hungry Planet episode 38