5 September 2006
Primary school children in Aceh and Nias suffer from insufficient nutrition, inadequate health care and poor hygiene, provoking widespread parasitic infections and resulting in stunted physical growth and retarded intellectual development.
2 August 2006
It is two weeks since a tsunami hit Java's southern coast, but, some 10,000 people sheltering in IDP camps are still refusing to go back to their fully intact houses. As WFP's Barry Came discovered, after Indonesia's series of natural disasters, they are simply too scared to go home.
18 July 2006
With an estimated 35,000 people displaced by the six metre tsunami waves that crashed into the south coast of West Java on Monday, WFP has immediately dispatched 15 metric tons of food assistance to the worst-hit area.
13 July 2006
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will donate US$5 million to support the earthquake relief and recovery efforts in Indonesia.
6 July 2006
A new "nutrition map" for Indonesia identifies local areas in the archipelago where hunger and malnutrition pose the most serious problems.
26 June 2006
Dodging stinging jellyfish and tackling choppy seas, marathon swimmer Monte Monfore has set a new world record off the coast of Central Java to highlight WFP’s efforts to help last month’s earthquake survivors.
16 June 2006
The Government of Lithuania has made its first ever donation to WFP, providing US$37,000 in response to the massive earthquake that hit the Indonesian island of Java last month.
9 June 2006
Samiono lost his home and mother in the Java earthquake. With his face bruised and bandaged, he stands amidst the wreckage of his home and wonders how he can rebuild his home and his live. WFP spokesperson Barry Came reports.
6 June 2006
WFP is planning to feed 100,000 beneficiaries in June and July in the Yogyakarta province of Indonesia following the May 27 Java earthquake.
1 June 2006
WFP is erecting Wickhall temporary warehouses in Bantul District today for use as a food storage and distribution point.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura
- 5 November 2012 Hungry Planet: Episode 21
- 26 July 2012 Feeding Tomorrow's Athletes Around The World