16 July 2015
Here are ten facts that shed light on the food security situation of the Iraqi and Afghan refugees in Iran. Please help the World Food Programme (WFP) raise awareness by sharing these important facts on Twitter.
19 March 2015
Because Zeinab could read and write, she is now a proud seamstress who earns a lot more money than she could have ever hoped for. More than 10 years after she had participated in WFP school meals programme, she continues to get the extended benefits of the vegetable oil ration she used to take home in exchange for attending school.
17 July 2007
WFP welcomed on Tuesday a first ever donation of US$7,000 from Qatar Airways to WFP’s activities in Iran that assist over 30,000 Afghan and Iraqi refugees in the country.
- Iran ready to help UN send aid to Syrian people Source: Press TV
- “Sun of Pacific Ocean” to rise in Tehran to fight world hunger Source: Theran Times
- Iranian cineastes making shorts for WFP Source: Tehran Times
- Iran expected to dominate G8 meeting in Italy Source: The Washington Post
- Iran urges international NGOs to help refugees there Source: Reuters AlertNet / IRIN