8 September 2006
WFP congratulated Bruno Stevens, internationally-acclaimed photographer, for being nominated for two awards in this year’s Visa pour l’image festival of photojournalism in Perpignan, France.
28 July 2006
WFP today welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$17.3 million (JPY 2.01 billion) to assist the people of four African countries that are currently ravaged by conflict or drought.
3 July 2006
Paul Tergat, the world-record holding marathon runner from Kenya, is the star of this year’s Japan Advertising Council campaign which starts rolling out next month all over the country.
2 May 2006
WFP has heartily welcomed a private donation of US$1 million from His Royal Highness Prince Al-Walid bin Talal of Saudia Arabia for WFP’s emergency operation to provide food assistance to 3.6 million people suffering from the ravages of drought.
21 March 2006
WFP hails the European Commission for donating Euros 5.05 million (US$5.98 million) in cash to help provide food aid for 3.5 million people in northern and eastern Kenya.
22 February 2006
As the drought affecting the Horn of Africa intensifies,WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Ireland of 2.5 million euros, nearly US$3 million, for WFP’s operations in the drought-hit Horn of Africa, where 6.25 million people are running out of food because of the failure of the last rains.
1 February 2006
An online charity auction of athletics memorabilia staged by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) raises over US$30,000 for WFP, the UN Children's Fund UNICEF and the Food and Agriculture Organization.
10 January 2006
Track and field fans will have a unique chance to buy their own piece of sporting history from 16-26 January when the IAAF auctions off memorabilia from some of athletics' most famous moments through the Internet.
5 January 2006
With eastern and northern Kenya reeling from a second successive poor rainy season, WFP and its humanitarian partners are this week sending an emergency assessment team to the worst-hit pastoral and agricultural districts to determine how many people urgently require food aid.
17 December 2005
WFP welcomes the first official voluntary repatriation by the UN refugee agency UNHCR to southern Sudan from Kakuma Camp in northeastern Kenya with the departure of some 150 refugees by road and air.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya