1 February 2006
An online charity auction of athletics memorabilia staged by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) raises over US$30,000 for WFP, the UN Children's Fund UNICEF and the Food and Agriculture Organization.
10 January 2006
Track and field fans will have a unique chance to buy their own piece of sporting history from 16-26 January when the IAAF auctions off memorabilia from some of athletics' most famous moments through the Internet.
5 January 2006
With eastern and northern Kenya reeling from a second successive poor rainy season, WFP and its humanitarian partners are this week sending an emergency assessment team to the worst-hit pastoral and agricultural districts to determine how many people urgently require food aid.
17 December 2005
WFP welcomes the first official voluntary repatriation by the UN refugee agency UNHCR to southern Sudan from Kakuma Camp in northeastern Kenya with the departure of some 150 refugees by road and air.
16 December 2005
WFP warns that the number of people needing food aid in Kenya would rise considerably from the current 1.1 million to possibly as many as 2.5 million because of the failure of the short rains in many eastern and northern districts of Kenya.
7 December 2005
Food aid is vital to keeping destitute, HIV-positive parents and their children in Nairobi slums alive and together longer. WFP spokesperson Anja du Toit reports.
13 September 2005
11 April 2005
In a joint article, Dr. Lee Jong Wook, director general of the World Health Organization, and James Morris, WFP executive director and special envoy of the UN secretary general for southern Africa, warn that treatment of HIV/AIDS demands an integrated approach to people's physical, nutrition and health needs.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 20 January 2014 WFP Assists People Fleeing South Sudan Conflict
- 7 January 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 32
- 10 October 2013 Somali Refugees Get Access To Fresh Fruit And Vegetables