21 June 2010
BISHKEK - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is accelerating the delivery of food assistance to Kyrgyzstan with the arrival of a plane-load of aid in the city of Osh today.
19 June 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme is delivering desperately needed food to thousands of people fleeing violent clashes, many of whom are trapped in neighbourhoods in southern Kyrgyzstan’s main city Osh.
15 June 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched an emergency operation to provide logistics and feed civilians caught in the humanitarian crisis in Kyrgyzstan, while calling on all sides to allow the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian supplies, particularly in the country’s second city, Osh.
25 November 2008
WFP announced today that it is launching an emergency food operation to help 580,000 vulnerable people during the bitterly cold season in Kyrgyzstan – many of whom have felt the impact of a combination of high food prices and a fall in remittances from expatriates working abroad.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 26 December 2012 Food Distribution In 20-Degree Frosts
- 17 September 2012 Kyrgyz Rural Women Learn How To Gain Authority And Respect
- 12 September 2012 Rising Food Prices Take Heavy Toll In Kyrgyzstan