Stacks of 25kg bags of SuperCereal and 24 litre boxes of vitamin-enriched vegetable oil in the Vientiane warehouse ready to be transported to the village schools.
The first batch of USDA food contribution for 2015-2017 to WFP School Meals Programme has arrived in Vientiane. The Super Cereal and vitamin-enriched vegetable oil will be transported to over 1,500 village schools, including the remotest areas of Laos, for community cooks to prepare a daily mid-morning snack for pre-primary and primary students. The nutritious snack encourages students to come to school, reduces hunger and helps the students concentrate in classes.
- 29 December 2014 Laos Primary School Students Draw What ‘Zero Hunger’ Means to Them
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life
- 2 September 2012 Laos: Nutrition On The Big Screen – 10 Videos By Laotian Filmmakers
- 21 August 2012 Saving Nutrients
- 13 December 2011 Lao PDR: WFP Mid-Morning Meals Bring Smiles To School Children
- 4 November 2011 Laos: WFP Cash Assistance Helps Better Nutrition
- 30 March 2015 Assisting Communities In Remote Northern Laos
- 12 February 2015 Food Support For 190,000 Students Arrives In Laos
- 17 December 2014 Laos Government Shares WFP School Meals Experience In Brazil