Villagers receive rice and oil rations in Bong village locating in Oudomxay province.
Copyright: WFP/Mingngakham Pangnasak
A new road linking rural communities to a vital district centre has been completed thanks to a WFP food-for-work project in rural Laos. The project is part of WFP's Livelihood Initiatives for Nutrition (LIN) programme, designed to support remote communities in northern Laos with high rates of stunting (children too short for their age).
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life
- 2 September 2012 Laos: Nutrition On The Big Screen – 10 Videos By Laotian Filmmakers
- 21 August 2012 Saving Nutrients
- 13 December 2011 Lao PDR: WFP Mid-Morning Meals Bring Smiles To School Children
- 4 November 2011 Laos: WFP Cash Assistance Helps Better Nutrition
- 13 September 2011 Jessica Watson meets school kids in Laos
- 17 September 2014 Lao PDR: WFP Executive Board Visits School Meals Project, Presents Art Award
- 19 August 2014 WFP Lao PDR Celebrates 'Heroes Among Us'
- 21 January 2014 WFP And Government Of Lao PDR Assist Food Insecure Communities In Saravane Province