3 August 2007
WFP has expressed deep concern over erratic weather patterns in southern Africa which have devastated harvest prospects for millions of people, and could spell yet another year of widespread food shortages.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
13 June 2007
Lesotho needs urgent international assistance to avert a major food crisis because of high cereal prices after this year’s main cereal harvest was ravaged by one of the worst droughts in 30 years, says a new report by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the WFP.
30 November 2006
WFP has announced that unless it receives new contributions urgently it will be forced to halt food distributions to 90,000 orphans and vulnerable children in Namibia by the second half of December because of a critical shortage of funding.
3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
28 June 2006
WFP has warned that despite better harvests across southern Africa, more than three million people will remain short of food because of chronic vulnerability caused by grinding poverty and the world’s highest rates of HIV/AIDS.
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
13 October 2005
9 September 2005
31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
- WFP Involves Community In Development Source: Lesotho News Agency
- 2014 State of the Nation Address By His Excellency Jacob G Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa Source: Government of South Africa
- May 27, 2014 Address by Republic of South Africa President Jacob Zuma Source: Republic of South Africa
- SA sends 1st batch of maize to crisis hit Lesotho Source: News24
- A Beacon of Hope Source: Skyways Magazine
- 5 March 2014 Cash for Assets Changes Lives in Lesotho
- 15 August 2013 WFP Hunger Advocate Yudhika Sujanani Visits Lesotho