27 June 2011
Children living among the remote hills and valleys of Lesotho have a lot to contend with apart from a long walk to school. So a warm meal once they get there makes a real difference.
13 March 2009
Thirty million people assisted, 30 years of cooperation, US$30 million in donations - a photo exhibition held in Beijing offered a graphic chronicle of WFP's collaboration with the Chinese government in the fight against hunger and poverty.
13 December 2008
Three years ago, Ntsonyama Sekoai finally summoned up the courage to take an HIV test. For months he had been feeling sick and losing weight.
Too weak to work, all he could do was watch as his family grew ever more impoverished and desperate.
12 December 2007
Nicole Menage, chief of WFP’s food procurement service, talks to web writer Michelle Hough about a little-known fact: WFP bought over three-quarters of its food in 2006 in developing countries.
10 December 2007
Despite the worst drought in 30 years, farmers in Lesotho have produced enough food to feed themselves and their families, and sell what's left over to WFP. Richard Lee visited a group of farmers who are looking forward to a brighter future thanks to WFP purchasing their food.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
29 June 2006
HIV/AIDS is aggravating chronic hunger in southern Africa and despite better harvests across the region, more than three million people will remain short of basic food supplies through to December.
13 March 2006
- WFP Involves Community In Development Source: Lesotho News Agency
- 2014 State of the Nation Address By His Excellency Jacob G Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa Source: Government of South Africa
- May 27, 2014 Address by Republic of South Africa President Jacob Zuma Source: Republic of South Africa
- SA sends 1st batch of maize to crisis hit Lesotho Source: News24
- A Beacon of Hope Source: Skyways Magazine
- 5 March 2014 Cash for Assets Changes Lives in Lesotho
- 15 August 2013 WFP Hunger Advocate Yudhika Sujanani Visits Lesotho