16 March 2004
Antananarivo - As part of its response to Cyclone Gafilo which has hit Madagascar twice in the past ten days, WFP announces that it is sending a first shipment of 20 tonnes of food aid for up to 1,000 people who have been stranded by rising flood waters in the south-west.
4 January 2004
Johannesburg - Tens of thousands of people affected by a devastating cyclone in Madagascar have received vital food aid rations thanks to the successful cooperation between a South African relief team and WFP.
- Tropical Cyclone Haruna hits southwestern Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Locust invasion threatens underfunded Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Food-for-work scheme helps Malagasy forests and people Source: IRIN
- MADAGASCAR: Funding gap threatens school lunches Source: IRIN
- Combating child malnutrition in Madagascar Source: IRIN