15 July 2012
To assist the humanitarian community in its response to the Malian refugee crisis in Mauritania, WFP receives mobile storage facilities to house the necessary food to feed the growing number of refugees.
10 July 2012
The political unrest and widespread insecurity have made the northern regions of Mali inaccessible to major UN humanitarian organizations. However, WFP has been exploring all possible ways and transportation channels, partnering with various NGOs, to try to deliver food to vulnerable populations.
29 June 2012
For the third time in a decade, drought in the Sahel region of Africa is threatening millions of people with hunger. But how do people survive in these situations and what are we doing to help them? Here are the answers to eight questions about the current hunger crisis in the Sahel and WFP's response to it.
14 June 2012
For the first time in Mali, WFP has started cash-based food assistance - the most vulnerable will receive money that will help them buy food on the local market and prepare for the planting season.
9 June 2012
The US Ambassador in Mali visited WFP activities in the Kayes region of Mali, where around 300,000 people are at risk of food insecurity.
23 May 2012
WFP has launched an emergency operation to deliver life-saving food assistance to thousands of people fleeing conflict in Mali. As refugees stream into areas already strained by drought in the Sahel, it's imperative to reach them with assistance in time for the summer Hunger Season.
8 May 2012
The telecoms company Orange has donated close to $100,000 to WFP to provide much-needed food assistance to internally displaced people in Mali.
23 March 2012
Fighting in northern Mali has forced tens of thousands to flee their homes. While some people have fled across borders into neighboring countries, others have had to move to other parts of the country.
23 March 2012
A full-scale food and nutrition crisis is looming in Mali following significant crop and pastures shortages. Recent clashes between the Malian army and armed combatants in the north of the country have also displaced tens of thousands of people.
30 January 2012
For the third time in a decade, drought has returned to the Sahel region of West Africa bringing hunger to millions of people across the region. WFP is pre-positioning food assistance ahead of the annual lean season when the vulnerable – especially women and children – are most at risk of malnutrition.
- Mali receives pledge of 520 million euros from EU Source: Euronews
- Mali: UN food agency ‘urgently working’ to aid communities despite insecurity Source: UN News Centre
- WFP grants food assistance to one million Malians Source: Afrique Jet
- Head of UN food aid agency urges support for Mali and entire Sahel region Source: UN News Centre
- Mali and Mauritania: War, Drought and School Meals Source: Yahoo! Voices
- WFP Mali Situation Report #05, 23 December 2014
- WFP Mali Situation Report #04, 21 November 2014
- WFP Mali Situation Report #03, 01 October 2014
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- 3 December 2014 Bamako, Mali: Turning Trash Into Cash