28 December 2005
WFP welcomes the arrival of the M/V Asian Hope, carrying 5,250 metric tons tonnes of rice from the Japanese Government to support Mozambicans affected by the drought.
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
21 December 2005
WFP has welcomed two vessels carrying 7,500 tonnes of rice from the Algerian Government to support Mozambicans affected by the drought.
5 December 2005
A new centre set up by WFP and TNT at a busy border crossing between Malawi and Mozambique is providing information and medical advice to the truckers in transit, a high-risk mobile community. WFP spokesperson Stephanie Savariaud reports.
5 September 2005
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food
- 14 February 2013 WFP, IFAD & FAO Team Up In Mozambique
- 29 January 2013 Floods Hit Southern Mozambique