7 September 2015
YANGON – More than 227,000 children will receive food assistance at school this academic year in Myanmar, as school feeding programmes expand their reach.
26 August 2015
YANGON - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has provided life-saving food to more than 408,000 flood affected people in Myanmar since emergency relief efforts began on 2 August, within 48 hours of the President’s declaration of a state of natural disaster.
5 August 2015
BANGKOK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is working to deliver food to more than 200,000 people in the most flood-affected parts of Myanmar. Efforts are underway to provide emergency assistance in Bago, Chin, Kachin, Magway, Mon, Rakhine and Sagaing, where many communities are still cut off by high waters and damaged roads.
2 July 2015
YANGON – A new resource centre, which will help government staff learn how to collect and analyse data that can inform their efforts to fight hunger and poverty, has opened in Kyaukse Township, Mandalay Region.
19 March 2015
NAY PYI TAW – Four United Nations organisations today welcomed a generous and timely contribution of 2.362 billion Japanese Yen (approximately US$ 19.5 million) from the Government of Japan to support humanitarian and development activities in Myanmar
13 March 2015
YANGON - United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator Helen Clark and World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director Ertharin Cousin met with government officials in Nay Pyi Taw, and visited Sittwe, in Rakhine State, on a two-day visit to Myanmar this week.
22 March 2013
NAYPYIDAW – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution which more than doubles Japan’s support for its food assistance operations in Myanmar - from JPY 814 million (US$10 million) last year to JPY 2 billion (US$21 million) this year.
19 June 2012
YANGON – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has expanded distributions of emergency food supplies to thousands of people displaced by inter-communal violence in Myanmar’s Northern Rakhine State. In a remote region, short of basic infrastructure, WFP moved early to reach those affected and will scale up operations further in the coming days.
20 February 2009
5 September 2008
"The World Food Programme has decided to send in two relief flights as planned tomorrow, while discussions continue with the Government of Myanmar on the distribution of the food that was flown in today, and not released to WFP," says Nancy E. Roman, Director of Public Policy and Communications.
- Pushed from Burma, Stateless Rohingya Flee by Boat Source: Time Magazine
- Myanmar: An aid worker's diary Source: CNN
- Interview with Vijay Nambiar, Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on Myanmar Source: UN News Centre
- Muslims fleeing sectarian violence in Burma drown as crisis deepens Source: The Guardian
- Flooding in Myanmar forces thousands to flee Source: CNN
- Food Security Sector: Agriculture and Livelihood Flood Impact Assessment Report
- WFP Myanmar: Post Distribution Monitoring Report for Life-Saving Food Assistance to IDPs in Rakhine and Kachin States
- El Niño - Implications and Scenarios for 2015, September 2015
- World Food Programme Myanmar: September 2015 Operational Report
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 11 November 2013 Myanmar: Displaced Families In Rakhine State Need Food Assistance
- 25 October 2013 WFP In Myanmar (For The Media)