5 June 2008
WFP has begun distributing food in cyclone-damaged areas of Yangon as it ramped up efforts to respond to the looming humanitarian needs in the southern coastal regions of Myanmar hardest hit by the powerful Cyclone Nargis three days ago.
18 October 2007
A senior official of WFP has said that humanitarian assistance is presently unable to meet the needs of the people of Myanmar and that the Myanmar Government must undertake immediate critical reforms for the benefit of the country\'s desperately poor and needy people.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
28 September 2007
WFP expressed growing concern that the current unrest in Myanmar could impede efforts to feed some 500,000 people. As a result of the disturbances, the authorities have placed restrictions on the movement of food.
10 January 2007
WFP has received assurances that government-imposed restrictions on the movement of WFP food assistance in Myanmar will be lifted, officials of the humanitarian agency have said.
4 December 2005
Yokohama - The Government of Japan confirmed today a contribution of US$ 1.4 million to WFP to help feed the hungry poor in Myanmar, Colombia, and Eritrea.
23 June 2005
Bangkok - Having launched one of the most complex emergency operations in its history, during which it delivered food, medicine and even helped evacuate the injured, WFP has shifted focus to long-term recovery.
8 May 2005
Bangkok - A senior United Nations official urges the Myanmar government to review and reform policies that impede humanitarian efforts to combat growing hunger and poverty.
- Pushed from Burma, Stateless Rohingya Flee by Boat Source: Time Magazine
- Myanmar: An aid worker's diary Source: CNN
- Interview with Vijay Nambiar, Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on Myanmar Source: UN News Centre
- Muslims fleeing sectarian violence in Burma drown as crisis deepens Source: The Guardian
- Flooding in Myanmar forces thousands to flee Source: CNN
- 11 November 2013 Myanmar: Displaced Families In Rakhine State Need Food Assistance
- 25 October 2013 WFP In Myanmar (For The Media)
- 24 July 2013 Myanmar: Scenes From Myebon IDP Camp