27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
27 February 2007
The Government of Japan announced today a major contribution of US$20.8 million (JPY2.52 billion) to WFP which will assist millions of vulnerable and chronically food insecure people in 13 countries spread throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
28 November 2005
31 October 2005
28 October 2005
10 October 2005
Floods and landslides in the wake of Hurricane Stan, combined with an earthquake off the coast of El Salvador as well as a volcano, have killed at least 617 people throughout Central America and Mexico.
- Miguel Barreto, WFP Director for Latin America Source: El Cronista Digital
- School meals distributed in more than 10,000 schools Source: Canal 8
- Starts first delivery of the School Feeding Source: El 19 Digital
- Distributed 168,000 quintals of food for school meals Source: El Nuevo Diario (Nicaragua)
- The United Nations presented the Development Action Framework (UNDAF) for Nicaragua Source: El 19 Digital