1 November 2005
More than three weeks after the devastating earthquake that has claimed at least 58,000 lives, helicopters remain a lifeline for hundreds of thousands of survivors in Pakistan and Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
23 October 2005
18 October 2005
16 October 2005
WFP battles logistical constraints and poor weather conditions to get food aid to survivors of the earthquake in Pakistan, using helicopters, trucks and one boat.
- U.N. Says Pakistan Has Food 'Emergency', but Donors Look Elsewhere Source: The New York Times / Reuters
- Energy crisis compounds Pakistan's woes Source: Al Jazeera
- Pakistan: Inflation hits food security Source: IRIN
- Pakistan's Fata area reports significant increase in school enrolment Source: The Guardian
- Low Indus river flows threaten crops Source: Alertnet