22 June 2005
Dakar - In advance of the international donor countries meeting for the G8 at Gleneagles, Scotland, WFP warns that less than US$10 million could tilt the balance from despair to hope for the most vulnerable victims of the current food crisis in two of the world\'s poorest countries: Niger and Mali.
21 December 2004
Rome In the wake of recent threats from Desert Locusts, FAO and WFP release the results of joint assessment missions to Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal.
23 November 2004
Dakar WFP said today that West Africa needs strong and consistent backing from the international community as the region tackles a range of challenges from drought and locusts to civil strife and destabilisation.
9 January 2004
Khartoum WFP takes delivery of eight all-terrain trucks flown to Sudan thanks to the generosity of the United States Agency for International Development to help move food to the needy in the troubled region of Darfur.
- Rising temperatures devastating Africa’s small farmers Source: The Irish Times
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Despite food assistance, Sahel food crisis still persists – UN agency Source: UN News Centre