5 May 2005
Port-au-Prince - For the next two years, 550,000 Haitians the vast majority of them women and children will be guaranteed at least one nutritious meal every day, provided by WFP.
29 April 2005
Djibouti - WFP warns that 30,000 people in Djibouti face serious food shortages following three years of poor rains. The agency is appealing for US$2.5 million to assist the drought victims, including almost 6,000 malnourished children under the age of five, over the next six months.
7 April 2005
Nairobi - WFP has suspended all shipments of humanitarian assistance to Somalia in the wake of the hijacking of a WFP-chartered vessel carrying food aid for 28,000 tsunami survivors.
4 April 2005
Bangkok - One hundred days after the 26 December tsunami ripped through the Indian Ocean, WFP is back in emergency mode to get urgently needed relief to more than 200,000 victims of Indonesia\'s latest earthquake.
11 March 2005
WFP warned today that a recent spate of ship hijackings off the coast of Somalia is restricting the delivery of urgently needed food assistance
31 December 2004
New York - At the end of a year marked by tragic humanitarian crises ranging from conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan to the carnage caused by a Tsunami in Asia, the head of WFP pays tribute to donors\' generosity but cautions that even more support is vital for the coming year.
15 December 2004
Mombasa, 15 December 2008 - WFP today thanked the European Union for providing naval escorts to protect ships loaded with WFP food against piracy, saying the deployment was a longer-term solution that would help save lives in Somalia.
- WFP: 1.6 Million in Need of Food Aid in Somalia Source: VOA News
- Somalia: UN Relief Official Cautions Against Complacency On Food Security Source: allAfrica
- As peace returns to Somali town, UN food relief agency resumes assistance Source: UN News Centre
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- UN: Millions in Somalia Need Aid Source: VOA News
- 6 February 2013 WFP Food Assistance Returns To Kismayo
- 16 October 2012 Somalia: Livestock Farmer Begins To Recover From Drought