17 December 2005
WFP welcomes the first official voluntary repatriation by the UN refugee agency UNHCR to southern Sudan from Kakuma Camp in northeastern Kenya with the departure of some 150 refugees by road and air.
14 December 2005
Film star Mahmoud Yassin today called on Arabs worldwide to provide more humanitarian assistance to millions of victims of conflicts in western Sudan’s Darfur region and South Sudan to help bolster the peace agreement for the South and peace talks in Darfur.
28 October 2005
29 September 2005
16 September 2005
13 September 2005
5 September 2005
1 September 2005
WFP Public Information Officer Simon Crittle finds thousands of families who were displaced by Sudan’s devastating civil war have returned home to a rain-starved region where malnutrition is on the rise.
3 August 2005
In a special article for WFP, Desmond Tutu, archbishop emeritus of Cape Town and Nobel prize winne, warns that there are other "Nigers" waiting to happen on the African continent.
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times