25 April 2006
Women in east Sudan are challenging traditional tribal views that education is only for boys and men, and are learning to read and write in a WFP-organised programme.
16 January 2006
Sudanese displaced by the country's 21-year civil war have started their long and often dangerous journey home
22 December 2005
17 December 2005
WFP welcomes the first official voluntary repatriation by the UN refugee agency UNHCR to southern Sudan from Kakuma Camp in northeastern Kenya with the departure of some 150 refugees by road and air.
14 December 2005
Film star Mahmoud Yassin today called on Arabs worldwide to provide more humanitarian assistance to millions of victims of conflicts in western Sudan’s Darfur region and South Sudan to help bolster the peace agreement for the South and peace talks in Darfur.
28 October 2005
29 September 2005
16 September 2005
13 September 2005
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- 17 September 2015 Australia Helps WFP Feed South Sudanese In Sudan