12 May 2005
Darfur, 12 May 2005 - WFP has strongly condemned the killing by bandits of two drivers of WFP-contracted trucks in South Darfur.
The agency warned that a spate of attacks this month were sabotaging its efforts ahead of the rainy season to provide food aid for more than two million people in the Darfur region.
31 March 2005
In an article first published in the International Herald Tribune, WFP's Country Director in Sudan, Ramiro Lopes da Silva, calls on the international community to invest in southern Sudan's fledgling peace.
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times