30 June 2005
United Nations, New York With one African in three malnourished, the prevalence of hunger is an accurate barometer for the level of social instability in the continent, warned WFP Executive Director James T. Morris.
10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
19 June 2004
Mbabane James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa, commends the Government of Swaziland for its commitment to tackle HIV/AIDS rates and highlights the need to include broader support for orphans, particularly those affected by the virus.
- Hunger costs Swaziland three percent of GDP Source: Fox News
- WFP Food by Prescription programme for HIV+ implemented Source: The Swazi Observer (Swaziland)
- WFP feeds millions annualy Source: The Swazi Observer
- Analysis: Swaziland mulls multi-million dollar bailout Source: IRIN
- SD to launch food by prescription project Source: The Swazi Observer