10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
19 June 2004
Mbabane James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa, commends the Government of Swaziland for its commitment to tackle HIV/AIDS rates and highlights the need to include broader support for orphans, particularly those affected by the virus.
- WFP Food by Prescription programme for HIV+ implemented Source: The Swazi Observer (Swaziland)
- WFP feeds millions annualy Source: The Swazi Observer
- Analysis: Swaziland mulls multi-million dollar bailout Source: IRIN
- SD to launch food by prescription project Source: The Swazi Observer
- WFP to feed 54 000 Swazis this year Source: The Swazi Observer