17 September 2013
KABUL – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation & Livestock of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan today inaugurated the country’s first Strategic Grain Reserve (SGR).
29 May 2013
KABUL – Thousands of the poorest Afghan families will be able to break their fast during the holy month of Ramadan with an evening serving of delicious, nutritious dates thanks to a contribution from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
18 February 2013
KABUL – With a donation of more than US$660,000 (€500,000), Luxembourg is the first country to contribute to the regular operations of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Afghanistan in 2013. This donation makes Luxembourg, a landlocked country located in western Europe with a population of about 525,000, the highest per capita donor to WFP Afghanistan.
8 September 2012
A partnership between WFP, GAIN and the Afghan Ministry of Public Health will see essential vitamins and minerals added to staple foods including wheat flour and vegetable oil.
27 March 2012
The addition of 41 new, Russian-made Kamaz trucks to WFP's fleet in Afghanistan will allow for the disposal of old, less-eficient vehicles.
3 January 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has today signed a letter of agreement to support a new cash voucher project in partnership with the Afghan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs, and Disabled (MoLSAMD) in Kabul. The project is designed to help the urban poor cope with high food prices.
24 November 2011
The Government of Finland has donated 1 million euros (US$ 1.4 million) to WFP Afghanistan, which will be used to buy nutritious food for young children.
27 June 2011
KABUL –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is reducing food assistance to millions of Afghans and focusing remaining resources on helping the most vulnerable in areas with the highest levels of food insecurity due to a shortage of funds.
15 April 2011
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) urgently requires US$257 million to continue providing food and assistance to the 7.3 million vulnerable and food-insecure Afghans it aims to support this year, mainly women and children.
12 April 2011
JALALABAD – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a groundbreaking food voucher project in eastern Afghanistan, helping thousands of hungry people get the food they need to live healthy lives.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Global Food Security Update
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan