30 January 2006
10 December 2005
A convoy of trucks carrying 39 metric tons of WFP high energy biscuits arrived today in the Pakistan city of Abbottabad, delivering desperately needed food to survivors of last Saturday’s earthquake.
8 November 2005
Kabul Ahead of the winter freeze, WFP starts pre-positioning food supplies for nearly half a million impoverished Afghans who will be cut off from markets once the cold weather sets in.
10 October 2005
WFP is beginning a major airlift of emergency relief supplies to Pakistan for the victims of Saturday’s earthquake, which killed some 20,000 people and left hundreds of thousands more homeless and destitute.
16 September 2005
10 September 2005
As the massive scale of the earthquake disaster that has struck Pakistan, northern India and Afghanistan becomes apparent, WFP mobilises urgent relief.
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
20 June 2005
Kabul - WFP is providing emergency food aid to devastated communities in Afghanistan\'s northeastern province Badakshan, where a hailstorm and heavy flooding have so far killed an estimated 29 people, injured 40 and destroyed over 1,000 homes.
17 May 2005
Kabul - WFP has welcomed another major food shipment from India as part of its pledge to donate one million metric tons of wheat to help feed schoolchildren in Afghanistan.
5 May 2005
Port-au-Prince - For the next two years, 550,000 Haitians the vast majority of them women and children will be guaranteed at least one nutritious meal every day, provided by WFP.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan