20 June 2005
Kabul - WFP is providing emergency food aid to devastated communities in Afghanistan\'s northeastern province Badakshan, where a hailstorm and heavy flooding have so far killed an estimated 29 people, injured 40 and destroyed over 1,000 homes.
17 May 2005
Kabul - WFP has welcomed another major food shipment from India as part of its pledge to donate one million metric tons of wheat to help feed schoolchildren in Afghanistan.
5 May 2005
Port-au-Prince - For the next two years, 550,000 Haitians the vast majority of them women and children will be guaranteed at least one nutritious meal every day, provided by WFP.
22 March 2005
Kabul - After weeks of hard work to provide food aid to Afghan communities cut off by snow, WFP is shifting gear to help Afghans facing floods created by melting snow and torrential rains, which have burst river banks, damaged roads and flooded villages in various parts of the country.
24 February 2005
Kabul WFP is battling snow to reach cold, hungry and isolated communities in Afghanistan\'s central Ghor province, where tens of thousands of impoverished people have been largely cut off from the outside world and are in urgent need of emergency assistance.
16 September 2004
Rome Afghanistan\'s agriculture has suffered widespread crop failure caused by below average rains as well as plant and animal diseases, according to a joint report issued by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and WFP. More than six million Afghans will need food and non-food assistance in the coming year.
16 September 2004
Kabul Only four days after several UN compounds in the western Afghan city of Herat were ransacked, WFP has resumed operations from the city by dispatching a badly needed food convoy to the neighbouring Ghor province to assist nearly 40,000 drought-affected people.
26 August 2004
Kabul - WFP has completed the largest de-worming campaign ever undertaken, reaching over 4.5 million schoolchildren in Afghanistan.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan