21 May 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The first key we unveiled last month was 'Nutrition'. What's the second key? We'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film each month until June 2013 - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, this time we're giving away two special WFP Tote Bags. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
19 May 2013
In Afghanistan, far more boys go to school than girls. WFP is trying to change that by providing food incentives for female students.
9 May 2013
In a sweeping valley of Khulm district near Mazar-e-Sharif, spring flooding was an annual problem for local communities until a joint WFP and FAO watershed management project made the area safe and turned the rainwater into an asset.
1 May 2013
In a vocational training center in the western Afghan city of Herat, WFP food assistance is helping more than 300 men and women learn marketable skills.
24 April 2013
The construction of micro-hydro power plant in a village in north-eastern Afghanistan helped a community through tough winter months – and is giving them electricity for the first time.
14 April 2013
The Netherlands have long been a strong supporter of WFP’s work globally, and a new donation in Afghanistan will enable WFP to support more than 250,000 Afghans with food rations as they prepare for natural disasters.
4 April 2013
WFP has distributed food to hundreds of families fleeing fighting and flooding in Helmand province.
29 March 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? Each month between April and June 2013, we'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, we're also giving away some limited edition WFP Moleskine notebooks. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
28 February 2013
At a conference in Kabul, the Ambassador of Japan announced a fresh contribution to WFP’s activities in Afghanistan. Japan has long been a supporter of the UN’s operations in the country and is the second-largest donor to WFP.
31 January 2013
With their brightly-coloured clothes and facial tattoos, Kuchi women from the traditional nomads of Afghanistan stand out in a sea of burkas. But the nutritional challenges these women face are similar to those of all Afghan women.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan