This bridge was built thanks to a food-for-work activity WFP implemented as part of its school meals projects. The project helped the community replace an old bridge that was a daily threat to children on their way to school. Copyright: WFP/Abeer Etefa
WFP is implementing in Armenia – in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science – a school meals project for 50,000 primary school children in seven out of Armenia’s eleven administrative districts. The project’s goal is to support the establishment of a sustainable national school meals programme that is part of national policies and budgets. WFP plans to hand over the management of the project to the government in 2016.
- 16 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 11 September 2013 Armenia Gets Ready To Launch Its Own School Meals Programme
- 25 March 2013 WFP School Meals, Investing In Armenia's Children
- 23 October 2012 School Meals In Armenia Supports Entire Community
- 18 March 2010 School meals in Yaroslavl, Russia
- Armenia DEV 200128 Development of Sustainable School Feeding: A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Armenia Sustainable School Feeding Conference Report
- Armenia - Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Households, May 2010
- Armenia - Impacts of the Global Financial Crisis: Follow-up Study, March 2010