30 July 2014
It is seven months since I first met Maral Gahvesjian, waiting patiently in a long queue of Syrians of Armenian descent, for their WFP food rations at Charents 20, a residential area of the capital, Yerevan. Maral, her husband and their three sons, fled their home in Aleppo, Syria nearly two years ago – as she put it, “leaving the dark days behind."
18 March 2010
The innovative school meals projects being run by the Russian government in a town north of Moscow will be the model for new WFP-coordinated programmes in Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
11 June 2009
Poor households all over the developing world are eating fewer and less nutritious meals and many are cutting back on healthcare and schooling for children, according to new WFP research on the effects of the financial crisis. Read WFP call to G8 ministers
30 May 2007
WFP today warmly welcomed the delivery of 3,375 metric tons of wheat flour and 195 metric tons of vegetable oil, valued at US$2 million, donated by the Russian Federation to support WFP’s operation to assist some 110,000 beneficiaries in Armenia.
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Seasonal Monitor
- Armenia DEV 200128 Development of Sustainable School Feeding: A mid-term Operation Evaluation
- 16 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 11 September 2013 Armenia Gets Ready To Launch Its Own School Meals Programme
- 25 March 2013 WFP School Meals, Investing In Armenia's Children