1 July 2013
DHAKA – More than 70,000 people in the disaster-prone districts of south-west Bangladesh will be better prepared in future, thanks to a contribution of US$3 million (23 crore taka) from the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The Government of Bangladesh is supporting the project by matching the donation.
25 April 2013
DHAKA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today celebrated the successful conclusion of the European Union (EU)-funded Food Security for the Ultra Poor (FSUP) project in a ceremony at Westin Hotel, Dhaka. The project, which began in January 2009 and concluded December 2012, supported 30,000 ultra-poor women to become entrepreneurs, raise their incomes and improve their own and their families’ food security.
10 December 2012
DHAKA – A generous cash donation of ¥470,000,000 (US$ 6 million) from the Government of Japan will allow WFP to provide food assistance to poor and vulnerable communities which are vulnerable to natural disasters and the effects of climate change.
8 September 2012
1 September 2012
15 August 2012
DHAKA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is helping some 400,000 vulnerable Bangladeshis prepare for and cope with the impact of natural disasters and climate change through a Government of Brazil donation of 7,000 tons of rice, valued at US$3.3 million, and in partnership with the Government of Bangladesh.
18 July 2012
29 May 2012
16 May 2012
DHAKA – More than 100 guests, including representatives from the Government, Embassies, NGOs and Civil Society, the UN, and media came together at the Sonargaon Hotel yesterday for the launch of a joint research initiative comparing the income, food security and nutrition outcomes of different kinds of Safety Net transfer by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the World Food Programme (WFP). The event was hosted by the Disaster Management and Relief Division, Ministry of Food and Disaster Management.
18 April 2012
DHAKA – The Government of Brazil has confirmed a contribution to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) of 7,000 metric tons of rice, valued at US$3.3 million, for people living in the most disaster-prone areas of Bangladesh.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women