5 September 2011
DHAKA – A generous cash donation of US$ 10 million (Tk. 75 Crore) from the Government of Japan will allow WFP to provide food assistance to poor and vulnerable communities which are vulnerable to natural disasters and the effects of climate change.
19 August 2011
DHAKA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), with funding from the Australian government through AusAID, is providing urgently needed emergency food assistance to 57,000 people affected by floods in Satkhira, sourthern Bangladesh.
19 August 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), with funding from the Australian government through AusAID, is providing urgently needed emergency food assistance to 57,000 people affected by floods in Satkhira, sourthern Bangladesh.
15 August 2011
Dhaka - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), with support from the Australian government through AusAID, has come to the assistance of 10,000 flood-affected people in Cox’s Bazar’s Chakoria upazila.
15 March 2011
The World Food Programme and Unilever have entered into a new partnership under which 95,000 primary school students will receive a nutritional boost in school each day.
12 January 2011
DHAKA - The United Nations World Food Programme has extended its current refugee operations for two more years to provide support to 31,000 food-insecure refugees in Cox’s Bazar at a cost of nearly US$11 million.
30 December 2010
DHAKA – The United Nations World Food Programme Executive Board has approved a one-year extension of the current Bangladesh Country Programme to provide support to 2.1 million hungry, vulnerable and malnourished people at a cost of nearly US$76 million.
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
2 November 2010
SEOUL – LG Electronics (LG) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) have this week come together in new partnership to strengthen the fight against hunger and under-nutrition in Asia.
15 October 2010
ROME –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks World Food Day by celebrating the bold leadership and outstanding contributions of national governments toward lasting solutions to hunger and malnutrition.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 26 September 2013 Bangladesh: School Feeding Encourages Nomadic Children To Attend Class
- 8 May 2013 School Feeding In Bangladesh