15 March 2011
The World Food Programme and Unilever have entered into a new partnership under which 95,000 primary school students will receive a nutritional boost in school each day.
12 January 2011
DHAKA - The United Nations World Food Programme has extended its current refugee operations for two more years to provide support to 31,000 food-insecure refugees in Cox’s Bazar at a cost of nearly US$11 million.
30 December 2010
DHAKA – The United Nations World Food Programme Executive Board has approved a one-year extension of the current Bangladesh Country Programme to provide support to 2.1 million hungry, vulnerable and malnourished people at a cost of nearly US$76 million.
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
2 November 2010
SEOUL – LG Electronics (LG) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) have this week come together in new partnership to strengthen the fight against hunger and under-nutrition in Asia.
15 October 2010
ROME –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks World Food Day by celebrating the bold leadership and outstanding contributions of national governments toward lasting solutions to hunger and malnutrition.
26 August 2010
“Food is the basic need of the people. We can understand this need and that’s why we gave this food aid on a priority basis for the ultra-poor of the country. We hope that this assistance will help the poor and fulfill their basic needs even in the remote areas of the country.”....... Mr. Tamotsu Shintosuka, Ambassador to Bangladesh
14 October 2009
11 August 2009
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women