16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
22 August 2007
WFP starts a third round of emergency food distributions in ten flood-affected districts of Bangladesh, targeting more than 800,000 people worst hit by the disaster.
8 May 2005
Bangkok - A senior United Nations official urges the Myanmar government to review and reform policies that impede humanitarian efforts to combat growing hunger and poverty.
8 December 2004
Dhaka - With the receding floodwaters in Bangladesh now revealing the full scale of the destruction in this South Asian nation, WFP announced today it is launching a year-long US$74 million operation to give food to five million people hardest hit by the disaster.
19 September 2004
Dhaka Over one million Bangladeshi children will face the risk of acute malnutrition in the following months if immediate actions are not taken during post-flood rehabilitation efforts.
9 June 2004
Dhaka As millions of Bangladeshis return to their homes in the wake of massive floods, WFP appeals for international support for long-term strategies to enable the poor and vulnerable to cope with the annual monsoon crisis.
8 March 2004
Dhaka - As the toll of death and damage from flooding continues to mount in Bangladesh, WFP is giving much-needed food supplies to nearly two million people in advance of launching a major emergency operation for millions more victims of the disaster.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 26 September 2013 Bangladesh: School Feeding Encourages Nomadic Children To Attend Class
- 8 May 2013 School Feeding In Bangladesh