3 July 2008
The award-winning Internet word game FreeRice has revealed a surprising staying power as a web phenomenon and six months after its birth has now generated 21 billion grains of rice for the world’s hungry.
25 January 2008
A new World Food Programme assessment shows that food remains the most urgent priority for many families in cyclone-affected areas.
29 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announces a plan to provide emergency food aid to 2.2 million people left hungry and homeless by this month’s cyclone in Bangladesh over the next six months, while applying the lessons of past floods and cyclones to prevent a surge in malnutrition in the aftermath of the disaster.
19 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme and the Bangladesh Air Force have started using helicopters to airdrop WFP high energy biscuits to people stranded in inaccessible areas affected by last week’s cyclone.
16 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme has begun distributing high-energy biscuits to devastated villages and shelters in the southern coastal regions of Bangladesh hit last night by Cyclone Sidr.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
22 August 2007
WFP starts a third round of emergency food distributions in ten flood-affected districts of Bangladesh, targeting more than 800,000 people worst hit by the disaster.
8 May 2005
Bangkok - A senior United Nations official urges the Myanmar government to review and reform policies that impede humanitarian efforts to combat growing hunger and poverty.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 26 September 2013 Bangladesh: School Feeding Encourages Nomadic Children To Attend Class