15 October 2010
ROME –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks World Food Day by celebrating the bold leadership and outstanding contributions of national governments toward lasting solutions to hunger and malnutrition.
26 August 2010
“Food is the basic need of the people. We can understand this need and that’s why we gave this food aid on a priority basis for the ultra-poor of the country. We hope that this assistance will help the poor and fulfill their basic needs even in the remote areas of the country.”....... Mr. Tamotsu Shintosuka, Ambassador to Bangladesh
14 October 2009
11 August 2009
3 July 2008
The award-winning Internet word game FreeRice has revealed a surprising staying power as a web phenomenon and six months after its birth has now generated 21 billion grains of rice for the world’s hungry.
25 January 2008
A new World Food Programme assessment shows that food remains the most urgent priority for many families in cyclone-affected areas.
29 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announces a plan to provide emergency food aid to 2.2 million people left hungry and homeless by this month’s cyclone in Bangladesh over the next six months, while applying the lessons of past floods and cyclones to prevent a surge in malnutrition in the aftermath of the disaster.
19 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme and the Bangladesh Air Force have started using helicopters to airdrop WFP high energy biscuits to people stranded in inaccessible areas affected by last week’s cyclone.
16 November 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme has begun distributing high-energy biscuits to devastated villages and shelters in the southern coastal regions of Bangladesh hit last night by Cyclone Sidr.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women