11 December 2007
Countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
23 November 2007
World Food Programme deliveries of High Energy Biscuits (HEBs) across the cyclone-affected areas are continuing as the food agency also announced the start of a substantial shipment of rice to be transported by road to victims of the Cyclone Sidr living in the five worst-affected Districts of Southern Bangladesh.
7 August 2007
WFP has begun distributing high energy biscuits and other food to victims of severe flooding in Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan and is preparing to step up its operations if requested by governments.
9 March 2007
Thousands of schoolchildren gathered in the Gaibandah district of northern Bangladesh this week to see England cricket players hand over a special gift of a year’s supply of biscuits to a local school.
27 February 2007
The Government of Japan announced today a major contribution of US$20.8 million (JPY2.52 billion) to WFP which will assist millions of vulnerable and chronically food insecure people in 13 countries spread throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
13 March 2006
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 26 September 2013 Bangladesh: School Feeding Encourages Nomadic Children To Attend Class
- 8 May 2013 School Feeding In Bangladesh