3 July 2009
Asma recently took part in WFP food-for-training course on disaster preparedness, which helped her to assess and reduce disaster risks, as well as acquire skills that will enable her to generate her own income. Her house is now safe from floods and she can concentare on her new cow rearing business.
11 June 2009
Poor households all over the developing world are eating fewer and less nutritious meals and many are cutting back on healthcare and schooling for children, according to new WFP research on the effects of the financial crisis. Read WFP call to G8 ministers
2 June 2009
The England cricket team is using the international Twenty/20 tournament in England this summer to raise awareness about hunger. It's the latest initiative in an ongoing 'Cricket Against Hunger' partnership with WFP. Watch video
7 March 2009
Julekha, 36, can build a more secure life for her family now that she has raised her house out of the reach of floodwaters. She learned how to do this through an 'emergency resiliency' course run by the government and WFP.
4 December 2008
14 October 2008
KFC and Pizza Hut have launched the World Hunger Relief Campaign jointly with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to raise wider awareness on hunger and support WFP to provide meals to children in schools, helping to ensure they complete basic education – one of the most critical steps necessary to overcome poverty and hunger.
14 October 2008
WFP Representative in Bangladesh John Aylieff and Executive Director of Transcom Food Ltd. Akku Chowdhury inaugurated the month long programme today at KFC in Dhaka.
20 March 2008
Staff capture some quintessential WFP moments in our staff photo, video and story competition.
14 January 2008
Thanks to the award-winning online vocabulary game FreeRice, Bangladesh and many other poverty-stricken countries, are just a click away for pupils of the Ambrit international school in Rome, Italy, who want to help feed the world’s 854 million hungry people.
11 December 2007
Countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
- Empowering women to end extreme poverty, food insecurity and undernutrition Source: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh farmers caught in vicious cycle of flood and debt Source: The Guardian
- Bangladesh: Floods leave thousands food insecure Source: IRIN
- Bangladesh villagers still struggling after Cyclone Aila's devastation Source: The Guardian
- US wheat for school feeding programme in Bangladesh Source: Gulf Times
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women