17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
24 July 2007
Tens of thousands of children in the West African nation of Benin will not receive a daily school meal next term unless more funds are immediately made available, WFP has warned.
15 November 2005
WFP warned today that unless US$1 million was immediately forthcoming from international donors, over 65,000 victims of this year’s political upheaval in Togo risk not receiving any food aid at the end of this year.
27 July 2005
Rome - As the international humanitarian response to Niger's severe hunger crisis gathers pace, WFP announces that a series of airlifts will deliver life-saving emergency rations to feed 80,000 victims of the country\'s intensifying emergency.
- WFP Seeks McGovern-Dole grant to help flood-ravaged Benin Source: American Chronicle
- WFP to feed another 360,000 people in flood-hit Benin Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Emergency Aid Focuses on Meeting Basic Needs of Flood Victims in Benin Source: VOA News (USA)
- WFP needs to urgently feed 50,000 of Benin flood victims Source: AFP
- Benin suffers worst floods since 1963 Source: The Guardian
- 26 February 2013 Benin: WFP provides emergency assistance to flood victims
- 4 October 2012 Return to school and WFP meals for students