Demetria Sipe is proud of her garden. In return for the construction of a home garden and for participating in nutrition education workshops, Demetria received vouchers for her efforts that she can exchange for food (Copyright: WFP/Ximena Loza).
Hundreds of newly constructed gardens are producing nutritious fruit and vegetables for families and communities in the Santa Cruz area of eastern Bolivia. Managed by the families and communities themselves, the gardens were built as part of a pilot project that WFP supported with food vouchers, allowing the recipients to concentrate on their futures rather than their immediate food needs.
- 12 February 2014 WFP Assists Chaco Families Affected by Drought in Bolivia
- 13 November 2013 Bolivia: From The Orchard To The Pot
- 5 October 2013 Bolivia: Implementing a Sustainable School Feeding Model
- 30 September 2013 Paraguay: The People’s Tenacity Revives El Chaco
- 6 February 2013 Bolivia: Cash for Work
- 12 November 2012 Paraguay: Diplomats Visit WFP Operations in El Chaco
- 1 November 2012 Bolivia: A Fridge Transforms the Businesses of 300 Women