There are 33 families in the community of Cachuela Mamoré that are seeking refuge on the highways during this overwhelming flood season. In collaboration with the Civil Defence, WFP has delivered 30 metric tons of High Energy Biscuits (HEB) to this community as well as 37 others in the municipality of Guayaramerín, and a total of 143 communities have received High Energy Biscuits within the department of Beni, as an initial emergency response to the flooding affecting most of Bolivia. Many of the roads are inaccessible, WFP has had to deliver assistance by inland waterways.
- 12 February 2014 WFP Assists Chaco Families Affected by Drought in Bolivia
- 13 November 2013 Bolivia: From The Orchard To The Pot
- 5 October 2013 Bolivia: Implementing a Sustainable School Feeding Model
- 30 September 2013 Paraguay: The People’s Tenacity Revives El Chaco
- 6 February 2013 Bolivia: Cash for Work
|Beneficiary needs (mt)||4,148|
|Beneficiary needs ($US)||8,107,589|