A beneficiary receives cash to buy food and other necessities. Copyright: WFP/Ximena Loza
The World Food Programme distributed cash and vouchers as part of its emergency response to the local population affected by floods in the Ñeembucu department, Paraguay. As many as 1.575 flood-hit families benefited from cash and vouchers, an innovative WFP modality under implementation in four districts of Ñeembucu: Pilar, Villa Albin, Cerrito and Umbu Island.
- 30 July 2014 Indigenous Guaraní Women Organize Nutrition Fair
- 12 February 2014 WFP Assists Chaco Families Affected by Drought in Bolivia
- 13 November 2013 Bolivia: From The Orchard To The Pot
- 5 October 2013 Bolivia: Implementing a Sustainable School Feeding Model
- 30 September 2013 Paraguay: The People’s Tenacity Revives El Chaco
- 23 September 2014 Paraguay: "Thanks to This Money, I Will Contribute to My Home Again"
- 16 September 2014 World Hunger Falls, But 805 Million Still Chronically Undernourished - MDG Target To Halve Proportion Of World’s Hungry Still Within Reach By End Of 2015
- 15 August 2014 LAC Regional Bureau's Humanitarian Hero