20 March 2014
Beginning this March, 10,417 children in rural schools in the municipalities of Entre Ríos and Padcaya will receive food supplied by WFP as part of a sustainable school feeding programme.
12 February 2014
In the city of Yacuiba, the WFP representative, Paolo Mattei, accompanied by the Development Secretary of the Autonomous Regional Government of El Chaco, Marcial Rengifo Zeballos, announced the launch of a Vouchers for Work programme. The programme will benefit 1,000 Guaraní families in 18 communities in the municipality of Yacuiba (Tarija).
2 September 2010
The United Nations food aid agency has stepped in to help in southern Bolivia’s El Chaco region, where a long dry spell has decimated maize harvests, threatening an entire culture of indigenous corn growers with destitution. (..) The World Food Programme (WFP) reported yesterday that it has started providing a range of different initiatives, aimed especially at the estimated 60,000 people who have already exhausted their food supplies and are in the most urgent need in assistance.
1 December 2009
The World Bank (WB) will set up a trust fund to assist the agricultural sector in poor and under developed countries with an initial 1.5 billion USD (..). The WB and the World Food Programme (WFP) applauded the initiative to provide free meals to school children in poor countries, who are the most vulnerable to hunger and poverty.
16 July 2009
In the country of Bolivia, “615,000 boys and girls under 13 go to bed hungry every evening,” according to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). Providing meals at school can change the lives of these children. In the following interview with Vitoria Ginja of the World Food Programme, we will look at the status of school feeding in Bolivia.
- Bolivia: More Than 10,000 Children Will Receive WFP School Meals in Tarija Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Bolivia: WFP Announces Vouchers for Work Programme for Indigenous Families in El Chaco Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- UN agency helps stave off hunger and save farms in southern Bolivia Source: UN News Centre
- WB to launch 1.5 billion USD agricultural fund Source: Vietnam Business Finance
- An interview with Vitoria Ginja of the World Food Programme in Bolivia Source: Examiner.com
- 12 February 2014 WFP Assists Chaco Families Affected by Drought in Bolivia
- 13 November 2013 Bolivia: From The Orchard To The Pot