31 January 2013
This donation is particularly important since it is part of the South-South cooperation between Bolivia and Brazil and because it is an in-kind donation that the WFP in Bolivia had not received in a long time.
1 October 2012
The World Food Programme (WFP) and the National Emergency Secretariat (SEN), with the support of other UN agencies and NGOs, dispatched on 1 October some 16 trucks with emergency food for distribution among the people of El Chaco who are still recovering from this year's severe floods.
7 November 2011
The Centre of Excellence, located in the capital city of Brasilia, will assist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America by drawing upon the expertise of WFP and Brazil in the fight against hunger, while promoting sustainable school feeding models and other food and nutrition safety nets from across the world.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
2 July 2007
As the magnitude of the heavy rains and raging floods in Bolivia becomes apparent, WFP has tripled the number of flood-affected people it is assisting to 41,200, and the number is expected to rise to more than 60,000 by the weekend.
22 February 2007
WFP will increase the number of flood-stricken families being assisted with food aid, adding 4,000 families now desperate after floods washed away their crops and household belongings.
2 August 2006
WFP is to provide almost 500,000 thousand dollars for 617 metric tons of emergency food relief to 10,000 families affected by record rainfall and severe floods in Bolivia, which have killed 13 people and left tens of thousands of families homeless.
23 September 2004
La Paz, Bolivia Some 55,000 people are being severely affected by a prolonged drought in El Chaco region with serious damages to crops, affecting drinking water availability and the health situation in the region, one of the driest areas of the country comprising 16 municipalities in the Departments of Santa Cruz, Chuquisaca and Tarija.
- Bolivia: WFP Announces Vouchers for Work Programme for Indigenous Families in El Chaco Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- UN agency helps stave off hunger and save farms in southern Bolivia Source: UN News Centre
- WB to launch 1.5 billion USD agricultural fund Source: Vietnam Business Finance
- An interview with Vitoria Ginja of the World Food Programme in Bolivia Source: Examiner.com
- 12 February 2014 WFP Assists Chaco Families Affected by Drought in Bolivia
- 13 November 2013 Bolivia: From The Orchard To The Pot
- 5 October 2013 Bolivia: Implementing a Sustainable School Feeding Model
- 30 September 2013 Paraguay: The People’s Tenacity Revives El Chaco